GIGABYTE Launches R292 Servers Supporting 4-way 3rd Gen Intel® Xeon® Scalable Processors
June 18th 2020, Taipei Taiwan – GIGABYTE, an industry leader in high-performance servers and workstations, today announced the launch of the GIGABYTE R292 servers featuring four 3rd Gen Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors, supporting four double-slot accelerators in the R292-4S0, and eight full-height half-length expansion cards in the R292-4S1.
The R292 series server supports four 3rd Gen Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors. Each processor can perform data transfer or share workload at 20.8GT/s with the other three processors on the motherboard. Its breakthrough computing power can be used to power mission-critical application at scale and analyze growing data at extraordinary speeds.
The modular design allows R292 series servers to have unparalleled scalability. Customers can install up to 12TB memory using the standard DDR4 memory slots to meet the needs of In-Memory Database or real time analytics. The 3rd Gen Intel® Xeon® Scalable processor-based 4-socket platform also delivers 192 PCIe 3.0 lanes. Therefore, R292-4S0 / R292-4S1 not only supports ten hot-swappable 2.5” U.2 SSDs, but also eight half-length or four double-slot expansion card slots that can support various accelerators or I/O cards; Unleashing its potential for cloud services, and deep learning. In terms of virtualized applications, using four 3rd Gen Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors with up to 112 cores and 224 threads in the system to run VMs can meet the demands of rapidly growing computing environment, empowering users to start on a small scale and then expand according to their needs.
GIGABYTE provides free server management software (GIGABYTE server management, GSM) for all our server products. GSM is a solution that can remotely manage multiple servers. Compatible with IPMI or Redfish API, including the following components:
- GSM Server: A browser-based easy-to-use GUI software program that can remotely monitor and manage multiple GIGABYTE servers through the BMC of each server node.
- GSM CLI: command line management interface allows administrators to monitor and manage multiple servers through the system's BMC.
- GSM Agent: Obtain other server information through the OS layer, such as processor, memory, hard disk etc., and collect it on the BMC to provide access to the GSM Server or GSM CLI.
- GSM Mobile: Remote management software installed in mobile devices, supporting Android or iOS systems.
- GSM plug-in: allows users to perform server management and monitoring from VMware vCenter.
GIGABYTE GSM software not only greatly reduces customer maintenance costs, but also simplifies the management of hybrid cloud environments. R292-4S0 / R292-4S1 have the computing power needed to meet demanding workloads. Its high core-count and high bandwidth can achieve the performance required for mission critical apps, and is a highly reliable server designed for future use.
Learn more about GIGABYTE high-performance systems and 3rd Gen Intel® Xeon® Scalable CPUs at https://www.gigabyte.com/. For further enquiries or assistance you can also contact us directly through firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Intel, the Intel logo and Xeon Inside are trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries.