GIGABYTE First with AMD USB 3.0 Motherboard Certification
USB-IF Certifies GA-870A-UD3 Motherboard Extending GIGABYTE's SuperSpeed USB Leadership & Expanding the USB 3.0 Ecosystem
More GIGABYTE USB 3.0 motherboards are SuperSpeed USB certified than any other brand, and until now, these products have been based on the Intel X58 and P55 chipsets only. The recently released GA-870A-UD3 offers a SuperSpeed USB certified motherboard to AMD users for the first time, while sweetening the deal considerably with cutting-edge technologies like GIGABYTE On/Off Charge, which allows users to quick charge their iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch anytime.
"We're delighted to see the GIGABYTE 870A-UD3 become the first SuperSpeed USB certified AMD motherboard because we were also first to launch an AMD USB 3.0 board in November 2009," commented Tim Handley, Deputy Director of Motherboard Marketing at GIGABYTE Technology Co. Ltd. "We have made it our goal to be the No. 1 USB 3.0 motherboard brand through quick time to market and superior innovation around USB technologies, and this is how we were able to reach shipments of 1 million USB 3.0 motherboards by the end of Q1, 2010. Look forward to many more USB 3.0 'firsts' from GIGABYTE in the months ahead."
GIGABYTE: No. 1 USB 3.0 Motherboard Brand
GIGABYTE boasts an impressive list of USB 3.0 related achievements since the launch of the first USB 3.0 motherboards on October 27th, 2010 that include:
- First to launch USB 3.0 motherboards on October 27th, 2009
- First with a USB 3.0 motherboard for the AMD platform on November 25, 2009
- First USB 3.0 motherboard to earn Windows 7 logo certification
- World's first USB 3.0 community website on December 23, 2009 listing USB 3.0 devices to help develop the SuperSpeed USB ecosystem (www.usb3motherboard.com)
- First ‘Compatible with GIGABYTE USB 3.0' logo program for partner USB 3.0 devices that have passed Gigabyte compatibility testing
- First motherboard to receive USB-IF SuperSpeed USB certification at the end of 2009 the GA-P55A-UD3
- USB-IF certifies multiple GIGABYTE USB 3.0 motherboards making GIGABYTE the leader in SuperSpeed USB certified motherboards
- GIGABYTE announces 1 million USB 3.0 motherboards shipped – capturing 1/3 of the global USB 3.0 platform market
- GIGABYTE is a keynote speaker at the USB-IF's SuperSpeed USB DevCon in Taipei
- First with motherboard USB port iPad charging capability from GIGABYTE 3x USB power technology
- First with iPhone On/Off Charge capability on April 23rd, 2010
- First AMD motherboard to be SuperSpeed USB certified by the USB-IF
About the GIGABYTE GA-870A-UD3 Motherboard
With support for the latest AMD Phenom™ II X6 six-core processors, native SATA 3.0 (6Gbps) (via the SB850 Chipset) and USB 3.0, the GIGABYTE GA-870A-UD3 offers unmatched processing power, super fast data transfer performance and multi-graphics support that will elevate you to a whole new level of mainstream computing. The GA-870A-UD3 is designed with the best quality components as part of the GIGABYTE Ultra Durable™ 3 family, featuring 2x the amount of copper compared to a traditional PCB design, and delivering a host of cutting-edge features such as EasyTune™6 PC management tools, Easy Energy Saver™ power saving utilities, DualBIOS™ and support for Energy Related Products Directive (ErP), providing a powerful, yet power efficient desktop PC platform.
More information about the GA-870A-UD3 motherboard can be found at: http://www.gigabyte.com//www.gigabyte.com/MicroSite/186/default.htm or http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3423Share the news to Facebook and Twitter: