- Powered by NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS GPU
- Supports PCI Express 2.0
- Microsoft DirectX 10 and OpenGL 2.1 support
- Integrated with industry's best 512 MB GDDR2 memory and 64-bit memory interface
- Supports NVIDIA PureVideo® HD technology
- Features Dual link DVI-I / D-sub / HDMI with HDCP protection
Windows Vista®Enjoy powerful graphics performance, improved stability, and an immersive HD gaming experience for Windows Vista. Catalyst™ software is designed for quick setup of graphics, video, and multiple displays, and automatically configures optimal system settings for lifelike DirectX 10 gaming and the visually stunning Windows Aero™ user interface.
TurboCache TechnologyBy allowing the graphics processing unit (GPU) to share the capacity and bandwidth of dedicated video memory and dynamically available system memory, TurboCache turbocharges performance and provides larger total graphics memory.
Key features of the TurboCache architecture:
* Patented hardware and software technologies that render directly to system memory.
* A TurboCache Manager (TCM), which dynamically allocates memory for maximum system performance.
* Intelligent software algorithms that maximize application performance.
* Bidirectional PCI Express® bandwidth, in conjunction with TurboCache architecture, which improves graphics price/performance.
OpenGL 2.1® OptimizationsEnsure top-notch compatibility and performance for all OpenGL 2.1 application.
Microsoft® DirectX® 10World's first DirectX 10 GPU with full Shader Model 4.0 support delivers unparalleled levels of graphics realims and film-quality effects.
Shader Model 4.0Shader Model 4.0 adds support for indexed temporaries which can be quite useful for certain tasks.Regular direct temporary access is preferable is most cases. One reason is that indexed temporaries are hard to optimize. The shader optimizer may not be able to identify optimizations across indexed accesses that could otherwise have been detected. Furthermore, indexed temporaries tend to increase register pressure a lot. An ordinary shader that contains for instance a few dozen variables will seldom consume a few dozen temporaries in the end but is likely to be optimized down to a handful depending on what the shader does. This is because the shader optimizer can easily track all variables and reuse registers. This is typically not possible for indexed temporaries, thus the register pressure of the shader may increase dramatically. This could be detrimental to performance as it reduces the hardware’s ability to hide latencies.
PCI-E 2.0PCI Express® 2.0 –Now you are ready for the most demanding graphics applications thanks to PCI Express® 2.0 support, which allows up to twice the throughput of current PCI Express® cards. Doubles the bus standard's bandwidth from 2.5 Gbit/s (PCIe 1.1) to 5 Gbit/sec.
GigaThread™ TechnologyMassively multi-threaded architecture supports thousands of independent simultaneous threads, providing extreme processing efficiency in advanced, next generation shader programs.
Quantum Effects™ TechnologyAdvanced shader processors architected for physics computation enable a new level of physics effects to be simulated and rendered on the GPU--all while freeing the CPU to run the game engine and AI.
PureVideo™ HDAvailable on HD DVDs and Blu-ray discs, high-definition movies are bringing an exciting new video experience to PC users. NVIDIA® PureVideo™ HD technology lets you enjoy cinematic-quality HD DVD and Blu-ray movies with low CPU utilization and power consumption, allowing higher quality movie playback and picture clarity.PureVideo HD technology provides a combination of powerful hardware acceleration, content security, and integration with movie players, plus all the features found in PureVideo.
CUDA TechnologyNVIDIA® CUDA™ technology unlocks the power of the hundreds of cores in your NVIDIA® GeForce® graphics processor (GPU) to accelerate some of the most performance hungry computing applications. The CUDA™ technology already adopted by thousands of programers to speed up those performance hungry computing applications.
PhyX TechnologyNVIDIA® PhysX™ is the next big thing in gaming!The best way to get real-time physics, such as explosions that cause dust and debris, characters with life-like motion or cloth that drapes and tears naturally is with an NVIDIA® PhysX™-ready GeForce® processor
* The terms HDMI, HDMI High-Definition Multimedia Interface, HDMI Trade dress and the HDMI Logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing Administrator, Inc.
* The entire materials provided herein are for reference only. GIGABYTE reserves the right to modify or revise the content at anytime without prior notice.
* Advertised performance is based on maximum theoretical interface values from respective Chipset vendors or organization who defined the interface specification. Actual performance may vary by system configuration.
* All trademarks and logos are the properties of their respective holders.
* Due to standard PC architecture, a certain amount of memory is reserved for system usage and therefore the actual memory size is less than the stated amount.