GA-F2A55M-S1 (rev. 3.0)
AMD A55 chipset
- Socket FM2+ supports AMD FM2+/FM2 A-series APU
- GIGABYTE Ultra Durable™ Technology
- GIGABYTE On/Off Charge™ for USB devices
- 1 PCI-E 2.0 x16 interface with AMD Dual Graphics support
- Solid capacitors for APU VRM design
- 8 USB 2.0 and 4 SATA2 ports with RAID 0,1,10 support
- High ESD Protection on GbE LAN and USB ports
GIGABYTE FM2+ Series MotherboardsGIGABYTE FM2+ series motherboards based on AMD A55 chipset and feature the new FM2+ APU socket, and are designed to get the most from forthcoming Kaveri AMD APUs, while preserving compatibility for current AMD FM2 APUs. FM2+ AMD APUs offer native support for 8 GT/s PCI Express gen 3.0 as well as DX11.1 support integrating the high performance ‘Steamroller’ core. AMD socket FM2+ APUs also offer native support for 4K resolution displays on HDMI port.
GIGABYTE Ultra Durable™
GIGABYTE Ultra Durable™ debuts on GIGABYTE motherboards, with a range of features and component choices that provide record-breaking performance, cool and efficient operation and extended motherboard lifespan.
GIGABYTE uses Solid Caps (Capacitors) for APU VRM and Low RDS(on) MOSFETs which are rated to work at higher temperatures to provide a longer lifespan.
Humidity ProtectionHumidity can play havoc on a motherboard's circuitry.GIGABYTE's new Glass Fabric PCB design helps protect against electrical shorts due to humidity by reducing the gaps in spacing between PCB filaments.
Power Failure ProtectionGIGABYTE also uses Anti-Surge ICs to protect the motherboard against power surges.
Electrostatic ProtectionGIGABYTE motherboards feature High Resistance ICs which help protect the motherboard against electrostatic discharge.
AMD Dual Graphics TechnologyThe AMD FM2+ series platform showcases AMD Dual Graphics technology, allowing users to further boost 3D graphics performance by adding an additional discrete AMD Radeon™ graphics card to the system. This unique Dual Graphics technology means users can enjoy higher frame rates on the latest gaming titles, utilizing the processing power of both discrete and integrated graphics processors.
1. Please use both AMD Dual Graphics technology qualified A-series APU and VGA card, detail information please refer to AMD website:
On/Off Charge TechnologyGIGABYTE On/Off Charge technology allows you to charge your iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch regardless of whether your PC is on, in standby mode or even off. A derivative of GIGABYTE's highly acclaimed 3x USB Power feature, On/Off Charge enables devices to draw more current from GIGABYTE motherboard USB ports than standard USB ports allow, so that charging from your PC can be as fast as with a charger...more
*Due to certain mobile phone limitations, users may need to connect the mobile phone to their PC before the PC enters S4/S5 mode to enable a quick charge from non On/Off Charge USB ports. Charging results may vary by model.
*Whether to support 3X USB power design, it may vary by models.
ErP Lot 6 supportThe ErP (also known as Energy-Related Products Directive) is part of the European Union's environmental regulations policy. It is based on concern for the environmental as the proliferation of electronic devices continues, and how to improve energy efficiency for a better and greener life. GIGABYTE supports ErP and produces motherboards that help you effectively improve system efficiency.
* The terms HDMI, HDMI High-Definition Multimedia Interface, HDMI Trade dress and the HDMI Logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing Administrator, Inc.
* The entire materials provided herein are for reference only. GIGABYTE reserves the right to modify or revise the content at anytime without prior notice.
* Advertised performance is based on maximum theoretical interface values from respective Chipset vendors or organization who defined the interface specification. Actual performance may vary by system configuration.
* All trademarks and logos are the properties of their respective holders.
* Due to standard PC architecture, a certain amount of memory is reserved for system usage and therefore the actual memory size is less than the stated amount.