GA-E240N (rev. 1.0)
AMD E-240 + A45 FCH
- All new design of Ultra Durable 4 classic
- Integrated new generation of AMD Single-Core E-240 APU
- Features DDR3 1333+ for remarkable system performance
- Integrated AMD Radeon HD 6310 graphics (DirectX11)
- 60mm x 60mm quiet and high performance active APU fansink cooling for robust system endurance
- PCI interface for wide-range expansion card selections
- 8-channel ALC887 high definition audio CODEC enables high quality and realistic sound field experience
- Integrated HDMI interface for Full HD 1080 Blu-ray playback with HDCP
- Hi-Speed USB and LPT/RS-232 connectors provide rich connectivity selection for your devices
- Compatible with Windows 7 that delivers the best operation experience
- Meets ErP(Energy-related-Products) requirement
IntroductionThe new addition to GIGABYTE’s small form factor HTPC motherboard range features AMD Fusion™ Technology with DirectX® 11, an HDMI interface, as well as a host of unique high-end GIGABYTE features such as Ultra Durable™ 4 Classic and On/Off Charge. Powered by the AMD E-240 Processor with AMD Radeon™ HD 6310 graphics (DX11), the GIGABYTE GA-E240N motherboard provides exceptional Blu-ray high definition content playback unmatched by previous integrated graphics solutions.
AMD E-240 ProcessorThe new generation AMD E-240 processor with AMD Radeon HD 6310 graphics (DX11) integrated for entry-level desktops continues to provide innovation through integrated graphics built directly into the CPU, enabling smaller and more energy efficient designs.
GIGABYTE Ultra Durable™ 4 Classic
Humidity can play havoc on a motherboard's circuitry.GIGABYTE's new Glass Fabric PCB design helps protect against electrical shorts due to humidity by reducing the gaps in spacing between PCB filaments.
GIGABYTE Ultra Durable 4 Classic motherboards feature High ESD Resistance ICs which help protect the motherboard against electrostatic discharge.
Power Failure Protection
Permanent damage from power surge or failure during BIOS update, can be avoided with GIGABYTE DualBIOS, which automatically enables a secondary, back up BIOS.
GIGABYTE also uses Anti-Surge ICs to protect the motherboard against power surges.
High Temperature Protection
GIGABYTE uses Solid Caps (Capacitors) on CPU power zone and Low RDS(on) MOSFETs which are rated to work at higher temperatures.
DualBIOS™ 3TB+ HDD Support (Hybrid EFI Technology)Hybrid EFI Technology combines the benefits of GIGABYTE's mature BIOS platform including stability and compatibility with 3rd party products with 3TB+ HDD support from EFI technology, allowing GIGABYTE to offer the best of both worlds through a quick and easy BIOS update using GIGABYTE's @BIOS utility that is freely available from the GIGABYTE website.
GIGABYTE DualBIOS™ is a patented technology that automatically recovers BIOS data when the main BIOS has crashed or failed. Featuring 2 physical BIOS ROMs integrated onboard, GIGABYTE DualBIOS™ allows quick and seamless recovery from BIOS damage or failure due to viruses or improper BIOS updating. In addition, GIGABYTE DualBIOS™ now supports 3TB+ (terabyte) hard drive booting without the need for partitioning, and enables more data storage on a single hard drive.
On/Off Charge TechnologyGIGABYTE On/Off Charge technology allows you to charge your iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch regardless of whether your PC is on, in standby mode or even off. A derivative of GIGABYTE's highly acclaimed 3x USB Power feature, On/Off Charge enables devices to draw more current from GIGABYTE motherboard USB ports than standard USB ports allow, so that charging from your PC can be as fast as with a charger...more
*Due to certain mobile phone limitations, users may need to connect the mobile phone to their PC before the PC enters S4/S5 mode to enable a quick charge from non On/Off Charge USB ports. Charging results may vary by model.
*Whether to support 3X USB power design, it may vary by models.
AMD E-240 3D Graphics Performance Upgrade- up to 3DMark 2006 2000 marks!!The 3DMark 2006 is a benchmark software which is from Futuremark Corporation and generally used on analyzing a PC performance of DirectX® 3D visualization, especially a valuable guideline for gaming users as reference.
3DMark06 2000 marks on E240N system configuration:
AMD E-240 APU OC 1.725GHz, DDR3 OC 1333MHz, Win7-64bit, 3DMark06 1280x1024
* 2000+ marks of 3DMark06 was achieved by overclocking.
* Please be aware that GIGABYTE's product warranty does not cover damages caused by overclocking.
Supports DDR3 1333+Delivering native support for DDR3 memory up to 1333MHz, GIGABYTE Ultra Durable 4 Classic series motherboards allow users to easily reach higher memory frequencies at lower voltages; achieving higher memory performance with lower power consumption to run even the most memory intensive applications such as high-definition video and 3D games with ease.
EasyTune6GIGABYTE has completely redesigned EasyTune6 from the ground up to make it easier than ever to manage and monitor your hardware resources as well as tweak your system settings in order to achieve maximum system performance. Whether you are an overclocking enthusiast, or a computer novice, EasyTune6 provides the tools you need to quickly and effortlessly fine tune your system.
HDMI InterfaceHDMI is latest High-Definition Multimedia Interface, which is able to provide up to 5Gb/s video transmitting bandwidth and also 8-channel high quality audio. Via transmitting uncompressed digital data, HDMI is able to reduce signal interference as transferring between digital and analog signal, seen and heard, direct from the source. In addition, HDMI is compatible with HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection), which allowing playback of Blu-ray/ HD DVD and other protected contents.
ErP Lot 6 supportThe ErP (also known as Energy-Related Products Directive) is part of the European Union's environmental regulations policy. It is based on concern for the environmental as the proliferation of electronic devices continues, and how to improve energy efficiency for a better and greener life. GIGABYTE supports ErP and produces motherboards that help you effectively improve system efficiency.
* The terms HDMI, HDMI High-Definition Multimedia Interface, HDMI Trade dress and the HDMI Logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing Administrator, Inc.
* The entire materials provided herein are for reference only. GIGABYTE reserves the right to modify or revise the content at anytime without prior notice.
* Advertised performance is based on maximum theoretical interface values from respective Chipset vendors or organization who defined the interface specification. Actual performance may vary by system configuration.
* All trademarks and logos are the properties of their respective holders.
* Due to standard PC architecture, a certain amount of memory is reserved for system usage and therefore the actual memory size is less than the stated amount.