AMD 740G + SB700 Chipset
- Supports AMD Phenom X4/ Athlon X2 processors*
- Solid capacitors design in CPU VRM
- Dual Channel DDR2 800 for outstanding system performance
- Integrated ATI Radeon 2100 graphics
- Ultimate graphics performance with PCI-Ex16 interface
- Integrated SATA 3Gb/s with RAID function
- Features high speed Gigabit Ethernet connection
- Integrated 6/8-Channel** High Definition audio
- Integrated DVI interface with HDCP
* If you install AMD AM3/AM2+ CPU on AM2 motherbord, the system bus speed will downgrade from HT3.0(5200MHz) to HT1.0(2000 MT/s) spec; however, the frequency of AM3/AM2+ CPU will not be impacted. Please refer "CPU Support List" for more information.
** To use 8-channel HD audio, please use the system case with HD audio front panel featured and see manual for detail configuration.
IntroductionThe GA-MA74GM-S2 is GIGABYTE’s next generation, high performance platform based on the new AMD 740G Chipset and support for AMD AM2 processor with dual channel DDR2 800MHz high frequency memories, providing reliable and user friendly computing and reaching the maximum system performance easily via personalized software settings. In addition, GA-MA74GM-S2 features with two innovative S features- Safe, Smart technologies, further providing reliable and user friendly computing and reaching the maximum system performance easily via personalized software settings. GIGABYTE S series motherboards, the champion’s choice for AMD AM2 platform!
Supports next generation of 45nm AMD AM3 CPUThis motherboard designs with Split Power Plane, 3+1 phase VRM to support AMD the latest 45nm AM3 Phenom™II series processors, delivering the great performance enchantment to system and ultimate scalability hardware expending.
AMD Phenom™ Processors SupportThe AMD Phenom™ processors are an ideal choice for multi-media enthusiasts and intensive multi-tasking environments to offer significant performance boosts and provides an overall more energy efficient platform.
(Note) If you install AMD AM2+ CPU on AM2 motherbord, the system bus speed will downgrade from HT3.0(5200MHz) to HT1.0(2000 MT/s) spec; however, the frequency of AM2+ CPU will not be impacted. Please refer "CPU Support List" for more information.
Solid Capacitor for CPU VRMStable system operation depends upon the quality of CPU VRM (voltage regulator module). GIGABYTE adopts Conductive Polymer Aluminum Solid Capacitors for CPU VRM to ensure a longer lifespan for systems in daily operation and boost system stability under extreme conditions. CPU VRM with Solid Capacitors featuring better electronic conductivity, excellent heat resistance enhances system durability even operating in high temperature environment.
AMD Live ReadyAMD Live Ready Requirement compliant.
AMD Athlon™64 FX/ 64 X2 / 64 ProcessorsThe leading-edge performance and unparallel technology of the 8th generation AMD Athlon™64 Socket AM2 series processor has built its strength on the well-known AMD64 framework which consisted of 64-bit computing platform, HyperTransport Technology, and integrated memory controller. The latest Athlon™64 X2 dual-core processor brings the power and multitasking performance on the desktop platform and ensures superior performance on mission critical business applications.
AMD 780G ChipsetThe AMD 780G Chipset is the system logic of the latest AM2+ (HyperTransport 3.0) platform from AMD that enables its next generation Phenom™ processors. The AMD 780G chipset integrated ATI Radeon™ HD 3200-based graphics architecture. This unique combination of Integrated Graphics Processor (IGP) creates a single motherboard featuring a world-class DX10, Shader Model 4.0 graphics, ATI Avivo™ Technology, and brand-new ATI Hybrid Graphics Technology and AMD UVD (Unified Video Decoder) Technology for faster and smoother game-play, a high quality video processing engine for advance quality of video and DVD playback.
Dual Channel DDR2 800 MHzExperience the advanced technology of DDR2 800 memory by overclocking, featuring faster speeds and higher data bandwidth, which delivers superior performance for the most demanding applications.
* Please refer "Memory Support List" for memory support information
PCI Express InterfaceRevolutionary PCI Express interface provides scalable bandwidth for multi-purpose usage. PCI-E x16 interface doubles the bandwidth of graphics interface of previous generation thus delivering the utmost gaming experience. PCI-E x1interface provides twice the bandwidth of PCI interface up to 250MB/s for new generation I/O peripheral devices.
High Definition AudioExperience home theater-quality sound with your PC using High Definition Audio for enhanced 6/ 8-channel* audio, improved voice and communication input, and multi-streaming capability.
* To use 8-channel HD audio, please use the system case with HD audio front panel featured and see manual for detail configuration.
SATA 3Gb/s storage interfaceSATA 3Gb/s doubles bus bandwidth from 1.5Gb/s to 3Gb/s. SATA 3Gb/s facilitates bandwidth aggregation for multiple devices, enabling max through put as well as, higher cache through put performance in single drive configurations.
Gigabit LAN ConnectivityThe Gigabit network interface delivers a high speed LAN connection with data transfer rate up to 1000Mb/s, providing new generation connectivity for the broadband era. Gigabit LAN is ideally for seamless internet connection such as streaming audio and video contents
SmartThe Smart featured motherboards of GIGABYTE S series provide GIGABYTE proprietary innovative software such as Download Center, @BIOS, Q-Flash, Xpress Install, Boot menu, and Smart Fan. BIOS and driver management now becomes much easier and user friendly through GIGABYTE Smart features!...more
SafeSafe is the key feature of GIGABYTE S series motherboards with the following elements: Excellent hardware design, reinforced BIOS protection through GIGABYTE Virtual Dual BIOS Technology and GIGABYTE BIOS Setting Recovery Technology. Unique system software such as Xpress Recovery 2, PC Health Monitor, HDD S.M.A.R.T., and C.O.M. further strengthen the stability and reliability of your PC!...more
* The terms HDMI, HDMI High-Definition Multimedia Interface, HDMI Trade dress and the HDMI Logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing Administrator, Inc.
* The entire materials provided herein are for reference only. GIGABYTE reserves the right to modify or revise the content at anytime without prior notice.
* Advertised performance is based on maximum theoretical interface values from respective Chipset vendors or organization who defined the interface specification. Actual performance may vary by system configuration.
* All trademarks and logos are the properties of their respective holders.
* Due to standard PC architecture, a certain amount of memory is reserved for system usage and therefore the actual memory size is less than the stated amount.