NVIDIA® nForce 520LE chipset
- 3X USB power delivery for greater compatibility and extra power for USB devices
- Unique On/Off Charge delivers the best recharging capability to iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch
- Supports new generation of AMD Phenom™II X6 processors
- Supports AMD AM3 Phenom II/ Athlon II processors
- Exclusive Core Boost technology to unleash CPU performance
- Solid capacitors design for CPU VRM
- Dual Channel DDR2 1066 for outstanding system performance
- Ultimate graphics performance with PCI-E x16 interface
- Integrated SATA 3Gb/s with RAID function
- Features high speed 10/100 Ethernet connection
- Integrated 8-Channel High Definition audio
- Compatible with Window 7 to deliver the best operation experience
- Meet European Union ErP(Energy-related-Products) requirement
Get Ready to Unleash the Power of AMD 6-Core CPUGIGABYTE's AMD motherboards are ready to support the new generation of AMD Phenom™II X 6 processors, delivering the very best platform for multitasking, multimedia and high performance gaming.
On/Off Charge TechnologyGIGABYTE On/Off Charge technology allows you to charge your iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch regardless of whether your PC is on, in standby mode or even off. A derivative of GIGABYTE's highly acclaimed 3x USB Power feature, On/Off Charge enables devices to draw more current from GIGABYTE motherboard USB ports than standard USB ports allow, so that charging from your PC can be as fast as with a charger...more
*Due to certain mobile phone limitations, users may need to connect the mobile phone to their PC before the PC enters S4/S5 mode to enable a quick charge from non On/Off Charge USB ports. Charging results may vary by model.
*Whether to support 3X USB power design, it may vary by models.
3x USB Power BoostGIGABYTE motherboards feature a 3x USB power boost, delivering greater compatibility and extra power for USB devices. GIGABYTE’s unique USB power design is also able to efficiently regulate output over the full voltage range, which greatly enhances USB device compatibility. In addition, dedicated lower resistance fuses ensure lower voltage drops, and provide more stable and plentiful power delivery.
Core Boost SupportGIGABYTE’s Core Boost technology provides an easy way for users unlocking the CPU’s hidden cores via the EasyTune6 utility. Without any complicated setting needed in BIOS, users can experience a phenomenal performance upgrade right away.
*The ability of unlocking the hidden CPU cores might vary by different processors.
IntroductionGIGABYTE Technology latest S series motherboards for AMD socket AM2 platform, featuring with innovative features- Safe, Smart, and Speed Technologies. The new S series motherboards GA-M52L-S3P; supporting AMD new generation 45nm AM3 PhenomII/ AthlonII processors with dual channel DDR2 1066MHz high frequency memories, providing reliable and user friendly computing and reaching the maximum system performance easily via personalized software settings. GIGABYTE S series motherboards, the champion's choice for AMD Socket AM2 platform!
Supports next generation of 45nm AMD AM3 CPUThis motherboard designs with Split Power Plane, 3+1 phase VRM to support AMD the latest 45nm AM3 Phenom™II series processors, delivering the great performance enchantment to system and ultimate scalability hardware expending.
AMD Phenom™ Processors SupportThe AMD Phenom™ processors are an ideal choice for multi-media enthusiasts and intensive multi-tasking environments to offer significant performance boosts and provides an overall more energy efficient platform.
(Note) If you install AMD AM2+ CPU on AM2 motherbord, the system bus speed will downgrade from HT3.0(5200MHz) to HT1.0(2000 MT/s) spec; however, the frequency of AM2+ CPU will not be impacted. Please refer "CPU Support List" for more information.
NVIDIA® nForce 520LEThe NVIDIA nForce® MCP65 media and communications processor (MCP) is the latest generation of PCI Express core logic designed for entry and mainstream desktop markets. It builds on the award-winning single-chip, scalable architecture of the NVIDIA nForce MCP.
PCI Express InterfaceRevolutionary PCI Express interface provides scalable bandwidth for multi-purpose usage. PCI-E x16 interface doubles the bandwidth of graphics interface of previous generation thus delivering the utmost gaming experience. PCI-E x1interface provides twice the bandwidth of PCI interface up to 250MB/s for new generation I/O peripheral devices.
Dual Channel DDR2 1066 MHzExperience the advanced technology of DDR2 1066 memory, featuring faster speeds and higher data bandwidth, which delivers superior performance for the most demanding applications.
* DDR2 1066 is supported with combination of AM3/ AM2+ processors and qualified memory modules, please refer "Memory Support List" for detail memory support information.
SATA 3Gb/s & RAIDThis platform supports reliable storage solution for enhanced data protection and data accessing performance. Serial ATA 3Gb/s is firstly introduced in this platform to provide blazingly 3Gb/s bus bandwidth thus higher disk performance. The NVIDIA® RAID allows multi-disk designs to be set up as RAID 0, 1, based on users' priority of protection/ performance. This NVIDIA RAID function makes the RAID even more accessible by introducing the innovative windows-based facility.
High Definition AudioExperience home theater-quality sound with your PC using High Definition Audio for enhanced 6/ 8-channel* audio, improved voice and communication input, and multi-streaming capability.
* To use 8-channel HD audio, please use the system case with HD audio front panel featured and see manual for detail configuration.
DualBIOS™ - Patented Dual Hardware BIOS ProtectionDualBIOS™ is a GIGABYTE patented technology that automatically recovers BIOS data when main BIOS has crashed or failed. Featuring 2 physical BIOS ROMs integrated onboard, GIGABYTE DualBIOS™ allows quick and seamless recovery from BIOS damage or failure due to viruses or improper BIOS updating.
SpeedThe Speed compliant motherboards of GIGABYTE S series provide intelligent over-clocking and over-voltage software settings through the well known EasyTune5, R.G.B. and & M.I.T. utilities!...more
SmartThe Smart featured motherboards of GIGABYTE S series provide GIGABYTE proprietary innovative software such as Download Center, @BIOS, Q-Flash, Xpress Install, Boot menu, and Smart Fan. BIOS and driver management now becomes much easier and user friendly through GIGABYTE Smart features!...more
SafeSafe is the key feature of GIGABYTE S series motherboards with the following elements: Excellent hardware design, reinforced BIOS protection through GIGABYTE Virtual Dual BIOS Technology and GIGABYTE BIOS Setting Recovery Technology. Unique system software such as Xpress Recovery 2, PC Health Monitor, HDD S.M.A.R.T., and C.O.M. further strengthen the stability and reliability of your PC!...more
Qualified for Windows® 7The motherboard qualified for WHQL (Windows Hardware Quality Labs) certification of Windows 7 from Microsoft®, setting the standard for future Windows 7 certified motherboards...more
ErP Lot 6 supportThe ErP (also known as Energy-Related Products Directive) is part of the European Union's environmental regulations policy. It is based on concern for the environmental as the proliferation of electronic devices continues, and how to improve energy efficiency for a better and greener life. GIGABYTE supports ErP and produces motherboards that help you effectively improve system efficiency.
* The terms HDMI, HDMI High-Definition Multimedia Interface, HDMI Trade dress and the HDMI Logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing Administrator, Inc.
* The entire materials provided herein are for reference only. GIGABYTE reserves the right to modify or revise the content at anytime without prior notice.
* Advertised performance is based on maximum theoretical interface values from respective Chipset vendors or organization who defined the interface specification. Actual performance may vary by system configuration.
* All trademarks and logos are the properties of their respective holders.
* Due to standard PC architecture, a certain amount of memory is reserved for system usage and therefore the actual memory size is less than the stated amount.