April 28, 2023 ─ Giga Computing, a subsidiary of GIGABYTE and an industry leader in high-performance servers, server motherboards, and workstations, today announced continued collaboration with GRAID Technology, and the creation of GIGABYTE R283 series servers validated for the technology to overcome NVMe bottlenecks in storage applications. Online shopping, financial trading, editing high-resolution images, and AI-generated content have all become parts of everyday life. Enterprise companies are now developing better server solutions with faster compute speeds, greater energy efficiency, and more secure data protection. Giga Computing focuses on the design of computing hardware for GIGABYTE servers and works with GRAID Technology to develop integration solutions that disrupt the storage market. Together they have created next-generation servers and NVMe controllers that will become the new standards for RAID across NVMe SSDs.
Traditional RAID technologies have become a bottleneck for NVMe SSD performance, so GRAID developed the SupremeRAID™ high-speed RAID card which Giga Computing used to develop a comprehensive solution. In the GIGABYTE R283 series, select models have already been validated to support the SupremeRAID SR-1010 RAID card, such as R283-S92 (rev.AAE1). In addition, more GIGABYTE R283 and R183 servers will be validated and incorporate this optimization to ensure the highest compatibility for GRAID's next-generation technologies. After installing SupremeRAID SR-1010, the user simply installs the corresponding driver and software on the operating system to activate the controllers on the NVMe SSD, process storage and computing functions, and satisfy the ultra-high-performance requirements for all types of workloads.
- High NVMe performance: A single server can easily reach 19 million 4k random read IOPS and a write performance of 22GB/s throughput, which is the best performance possible today.
- Free up CPU resources: Unlike traditional software RAID, it does not take up vast amounts of CPU resources.
- Overcome traditional RAID card bottlenecks: Due to GIGABYTE’s server design optimized for PCIe Gen5, R283-S92 supports up to 24 NVMe SSDs and integrates software/hardware to provide ultra-high IOPS for high computing performance.
- Plug and play: The hot swapping hard drive slots for NVMe SSDs use PCIe Gen5 to connect directly to the CPU for optimal NVMe performance.
- Compatible SCI architecture: The user can use the NVMe-oF protocol to connect to external computing clusters to meet the needs of large-scale cloud data centers.
- High scalability: The high-scalability storage technologies in SupremeRAID™ support up to 32 NVMe SSDs and are compatible with SATA, SAS, and NVMe-oF protocols to provide data security and top performance.
Giga Computing continues to work with top companies in the enterprise industry to maximize customer satisfaction with the aim of simplicity to facilitate applications in all types of demanding computing. The high throughput and data consistency requirements for AI model training, scientific computing and inference, and big data analysis can be met with Giga Computing's R Series all-flash servers with the latest next-generation NVMe storage solutions.
To submit a query: Contact Sales
Media Contact: Liam Quinn firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow Giga Computing on Twitter: https://twitter.com/GIGABYTEServer
Follow Giga Computing on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/giga-computing
About Giga Computing
Giga Computing Technology is an industry innovator and leader in the enterprise computing market. Having spun off from GIGABYTE, we maintain hardware expertise in manufacturing and product design, while operating as a standalone business that can drive more investment into core competencies. We offer a complete product portfolio that addresses all workloads from the data center to edge including traditional and emerging workloads in HPC and AI to data analytics, 5G/edge, cloud computing, and more. Our longstanding partnerships with key technology leaders ensure that our new products will be the most advanced and launch with new partner platforms. Our systems embody performance, security, scalability, and sustainability. To find out more, visit https://www.gigacomputing.com/ and join our newsletter.
About Graid Technology
Graid Technology is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California with an office in Ontario, CA, and an R&D center in Taipei, Taiwan. Graid Technology’s SupremeRAID™ performance is breaking world records as the first NVMe and NVMeoF RAID card to unlock the full potential of your SSD performance: a single SupremeRAID™ card delivers 19 million IOPS and 200 GB/s of throughput. For more information on Graid Technology, visit Graid Technology or connect with us on Twitter or LinkedIn.