GA-880GM-USB3 (rev. 3.1)
AMD 880G + SB710 Chipset
- Supports USB 3.0 with superfast transfer rates of up to 5 Gbps
- 3X USB power delivery for greater compatibility and extra power for USB devices
- Unique On/Off Charge delivers the best recharging capability to iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch
- Ultra Durable 3 Classic Technology with copper cooled quality for lower working temperature
- Revolution energy saving design with Easy Energy Saver technology
- Supports AMD AM3+ & AM3 Phenom™ II/ Athlon™ II processors
- Integrated ATI Radeon HD 4250 graphics (DirectX10.1)
- Innovative Turbo 3D technology to unleash extra levels of 2D/3D graphics performance
- PCI-E 2.0 x16 interface with ATI Hybrid CrossFireX support for ultimate graphics performance
- Hi-def 108dB Signal-to-noise ratio Blu-ray DVD audio playback
- Hybrid EFI technology with DualBIOS for 3TB HDD support
- Integrated HDMI/ DVI interface for Full HD 1080 Blu-ray playback with HDCP
- Supports Dolby Home Theater audio to enjoy a rich surround sound experience
To enable AM3+ AMD FX-Series CPU support, please update your motherboard with the most current BIOS found in your motherboard’s download section.
Get Ready for New Generation of 32nm AMD AM3+ CPUGIGABYTE's AMD motherboards are ready to support new generation of 32nm AMD AM3+ multi-core processors, delivering the very best platform for multitasking, multimedia and high performance gaming.
On/Off Charge TechnologyGIGABYTE On/Off Charge technology allows you to charge your iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch regardless of whether your PC is on, in standby mode or even off. A derivative of GIGABYTE's highly acclaimed 3x USB Power feature, On/Off Charge enables devices to draw more current from GIGABYTE motherboard USB ports than standard USB ports allow, so that charging from your PC can be as fast as with a charger...more
*Due to certain mobile phone limitations, users may need to connect the mobile phone to their PC before the PC enters S4/S5 mode to enable a quick charge from non On/Off Charge USB ports. Charging results may vary by model.
*Whether to support 3X USB power design, it may vary by models.
The 880GM-USB3 motherboard is designed to offer a stable, high-speed platform for delivering amazingly fast data transfer via revolutionary GIGABYTE Ultra Durable 3 Classic technology with featuring 2 oz copper PCB, and further the latest GIGABYTE USB 3.0 / 3X USB power technologies. Based on AMD 880G chipset, the 880GM-USB3 supports the latest 45nm AMD AM3 Phenom II/ Athlon II processors, integrated DDR3 memory controller, HyperTransport™ 3.0 technology links and PCI Express 2.0 graphics interfaces for ATI Hybrid CrossFireX support. With the innovative GIGABYTE Easy Energy Saver technology, the 880GM-USB3 is able to provide user friendly computing, reach the maximum system performance easily while still able to save the power and environment in real life at the same time.
Supports next generation of 45nm AMD AM3 CPUThis motherboard designs with Split Power Plane, 4+1 phase VRM to support AMD the latest 45nm AM3 Phenom™II/ Athlon™II processors, delivering the great performance enchantment to system and ultimate scalability hardware expending.
EC AOD-ACC SupportEC AOD-ACC is described as Embedded Controller for AMD OverDrive- Advanced Clock Calibration, which is the newest feature comes from AMD SB750/ SB710 SouthBridge chip, destined for the AMD Black Edition CPU to be overclocked through BIOS setting or AMD OverDrive™ utility further than it was previously possible.
* Please apply sufficient cooling to CPU VRM zone when ACC function is enabled.
* Please be noticed that GIGABYTE’s product warranty does not cover damages caused by overclocking.
USB 3.0 SupportThe GIGABYTE motherboards support the latest generation SuperSpeed USB 3.0 technology made possible through an onboard USB3.0 host controller. With superfast transfer rates of up to 5 Gbps, users are able to experience an almost a 10x improvement over USB 2.0. Additionally, backwards compatibility with USB 2.0 assures users of long term use of their legacy USB 2.0 devices. The onboard SuperSpeed USB 3.0 technology also provides new power management features that include increased maximum bus power and device current draw to better accommodate power-hungry devices.
* USB 3.0 10x performance is a maximum theoretical value. Actual performance may vary by system configuration.
3x USB Power BoostGIGABYTE motherboards feature a 3x USB power boost, delivering greater compatibility and extra power for USB devices. GIGABYTE’s unique USB power design is also able to efficiently regulate output over the full voltage range, which greatly enhances USB device compatibility. In addition, dedicated lower resistance fuses ensure lower voltage drops, and provide more stable and plentiful power delivery.
108dB Signal-to-Noise ratio playbackGIGABYTE strongly believes that in 2011, HD audio playback is a standard specification, and as such, we have made Blu-ray audio playback a standard for all of our motherboards.
All of GIGABYTE's 2011 motherboards feature higher capability audio solution with 108dB Signal-to-Noise ratio (SNR) playback quality to deliver high-performance, multi-channel HD audio. SNR is a comparison of the amount of signal to the amount of noise such as hiss present in the signal (expressed in Decibels). A higher SNR equals a better audio experience. For example, 108dB, is a high audio specification, as this means the audio signal is 108dB higher than the level of the noise.
DualBIOS™ 3TB+ HDD Support (Hybrid EFI Technology)Hybrid EFI Technology combines the benefits of GIGABYTE's mature BIOS platform including stability and compatibility with 3rd party products with 3TB+ HDD support from EFI technology, allowing GIGABYTE to offer the best of both worlds through a quick and easy BIOS update using GIGABYTE's @BIOS utility that is freely available from the GIGABYTE website.
GIGABYTE DualBIOS™ is a patented technology that automatically recovers BIOS data when the main BIOS has crashed or failed. Featuring 2 physical BIOS ROMs integrated onboard, GIGABYTE DualBIOS™ allows quick and seamless recovery from BIOS damage or failure due to viruses or improper BIOS updating. In addition, GIGABYTE DualBIOS™ now supports 3TB+ (terabyte) hard drive booting without the need for partitioning, and enables more data storage on a single hard drive.
Ultra Durable 3 – Classic
GIGABYTE Ultra Durable 3 Classic motherboards once again lead the motherboard industry for the highest quality and most innovative motherboard design. Featuring the industry’s first consumer desktop motherboard design to introduce 2 ounces of copper for both the Power and Ground layers, delivering a dramatically lower system temperature, improved energy efficiency and enhanced stability for overclocking. GIGABYTE Ultra Durable 3 Classic motherboards are equipped with the GIGABYTE Ultra Durable signature features including Japanese Solid Capacitors boasting an operational life time of more than 50,000 hours, and GIGABYTE patented DualBIOS™ technology (providing dual hardware BIOS protection). GIGABYTE Ultra Durable 3 Classic motherboards promise to provide the stability, reliability and longevity essential to meet the power needs of high-end processors and other components running today's most demanding applications and games.
AMD 880G 3D Graphics Performance Upgrade- up to 3DMark 2006 3000 marks!!The 3DMark 2006 is a benchmark software which is from Futuremark Corporation and generally used on analyzing a PC performance of DirectX® 3D visualization, especially a valuable guideline for gaming users as reference.
3DMark06 2868 marks on 880G system configuration
AMD PhenomII X4 965 (OC), GPU OC 1124MHz, 4GB DDR3-1600(OC), Win7-32bit, 3DMark06 (1280x1024)
* 3000+ marks in 3DMark06 was achieved by overclocking.
* Please be aware that GIGABYTE's product warranty does not cover damages caused by overclocking.
ATI Hybrid Graphics Technology supportATI Hybrid Graphics is a technology umbrella brand encompassing several technologies, such as ATI Hybrid CrossFireX™, ATI SurroundView™, ATI PowerPlay™, etc. that allow both an AMD integrated graphics processor and a discrete graphics processor to work co-operatively on an AMD based system to provide enhanced gaming performance, productivity and platform efficiency to the mainstream PC.
* Please use ATI Hybrid CrossFireX certified DX11 VGA card (i.e., ATI Radeon HD 5450, etc.), detail information please refer to AMD website.
Dual Channel DDR3 1800+ MHzDelivering native support for DDR3 memory up to 1800MHz, GIGABYTE Ultra Durable 3 series motherboards allow users to easily reach higher memory frequencies at lower voltages; achieving higher memory performance with lower power consumption to run even the most memory intensive applications such as high-definition video and 3D games with ease.
GIGABYTE innovative technology- Easy Energy SaverGIGABYTE innovative technology- Easy Energy Saver Featuring an advanced proprietary software design, GIGABYTE Easy Energy Saver is able to dynamically adjust CPU power depending on workload, delivering just the right amount of power needed for the task. Coupled with AMD’s highly efficient processors, the Easy Energy Saver is able to provide exceptional levels of power savings and enhanced power efficiency without sacrificing computing performance.
EasyTune6GIGABYTE has completely redesigned EasyTune6 from the ground up to make it easier than ever to manage and monitor your hardware resources as well as tweak your system settings in order to achieve maximum system performance. Whether you are an overclocking enthusiast, or a computer novice, EasyTune6 provides the tools you need to quickly and effortlessly fine tune your system.
HDMI 1.3* certification, support Full HD 1080PHDMI is able to provide up to 5Gb/s video transmitting bandwidth and multi-channel high quality audio all through a single cable. Able to transmit superior, uncompressed digital video and audio, HDMI ensures the crispest rendering of digital content up to 1080p without the quality losses associated with analog interfaces and their digital-to-analog conversion. GIGABYTE motherboard has obtained the latest HDMI 1.3* certification, able to support Full HD 1080p multi-media and HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection) which allowing Blu-ray/ HD DVD and other protected contents playback.
* HDMI 1.3 certified in video spec only.
Dolby Home Theater® - Enjoy a Rich Home Theater Surround Sound ExperienceDolby Home Theater places listeners in the middle of the action, giving their PCs a powerful set of tools to deliver a cinema-style experience in vivid surround sound.
- Delivers vivid surround sound for music, movies, and games, using two to eight speakers or any set of headphones
- Designed to automatically deliver the best possible listening experience
Norton™ Internet SecurityFast, comprehensive, and up-to-the-minute protection against online threats. It safeguards your computer, identity, and home network without slowing you down. It sets a new standard for speed and makes online shopping, banking, and browsing safer and more convenient than ever.
Qualified for Windows® 7The motherboard qualified for WHQL (Windows Hardware Quality Labs) certification of Windows 7 from Microsoft®, setting the standard for future Windows 7 certified motherboards...more
ErP Lot 6 supportThe ErP (also known as Energy-Related Products Directive) is part of the European Union's environmental regulations policy. It is based on concern for the environmental as the proliferation of electronic devices continues, and how to improve energy efficiency for a better and greener life. GIGABYTE supports ErP and produces motherboards that help you effectively improve system efficiency.
* The terms HDMI, HDMI High-Definition Multimedia Interface, HDMI Trade dress and the HDMI Logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing Administrator, Inc.
* The entire materials provided herein are for reference only. GIGABYTE reserves the right to modify or revise the content at anytime without prior notice.
* Advertised performance is based on maximum theoretical interface values from respective Chipset vendors or organization who defined the interface specification. Actual performance may vary by system configuration.
* All trademarks and logos are the properties of their respective holders.
* Due to standard PC architecture, a certain amount of memory is reserved for system usage and therefore the actual memory size is less than the stated amount.