GA-EP45-EXTREME (rev. 1.0)
Intel® P45 + ICH10R Chipset
- Revolution energy saving design with DES Advanced featuring hardware based Dynamic 6-Gear switching
- Supports 45nm Intel® Core™ 2 multi-core processors with FSB 1600 MHz
- Dual channel DDR2 1333+ for remarkable system performance
- Advanced power phase design with virtual 12 power phases to provides highly efficient operation for 45nm CPU
- Embedded 2 power phases for NB chipset and 2 phases for memory power to excel at power efficiency
- 2 PCI-E 2.0 x16 graphic interface plus PCI-E x4 with CrossFireX ™ support for ultimate graphics performance
- Hardware Overvoltage Control IC Provides more voltage control options on CPU, North bridge and memory
- All Copper Heat pipe/Heat sink connecting NB, SB, and MOSFET and extra Hybrid Silent-Pipe design provides 30% cooler thermal performance
- Professed onboard Debug LED and OV-Alert LED, OC-Alert LED, TMP-Alert LED allows user to easily catch on to PC status
- 2 Gigabit Ethernet LAN with Teaming functionality
- Supports Dolby Home Theater® audio to create a stunning surround sound listening experience.
- DualBIOS solution gives a multiple security to the system
- Power/reset/Clr CMOS onboard button for easily operation on th workbench
- Maximum CPU keep out zone for extreme CPU cooling
- Blu-ray playback outputs supported by high quality 106dB SNR ALC889A HD audio
Designed for overclocking enthusiasts with overwhelming overclocking experience, GIGABYTE GA-EP45-EXTREME is based on Intel P45 chipset, and supports the latest multi-core and 45nm processors up to FSB 1600MHz, featuring dual PCI-E 2.0x16 connectivity with CrossFireX™ supported and dual LAN with teaming for ultra bandwidth.
GA-EP45-EXTREME equipped with all-copper heat pipe from North Bridge, South Bridge, to CPU MOSFET which provides comprehensive thermal solution, and can be further optimized by a special heat pipe between North Bridge heat sink and PCI socket on your option. Additionally, enhanced with special design around CPU circuit for maximum heat reducing and top quality electronics components, GA-EP45-EXTREME brings unprecedented cool and reliable platform for overclockers.
Built with GIGABYTE patented Dynamic Energy Saver Advanced technology and Ultra Durable 2 design, GA-EP45-EXTREME delivers ultimate overclocking performance along with maximum stability and advanced power savings.
Qualified for Windows® 7The motherboard qualified for WHQL (Windows Hardware Quality Labs) certification of Windows 7 from Microsoft®, setting the standard for future Windows 7 certified motherboards...more
Smaller, Faster and More EfficientGA-G41MT-ES2H motherboards paired with Intel 45nm CPUs deliver the very best platform for multitasking, multimedia and high performance gaming. Not only do GIGABYTE's latest motherboards based on Intel Eaglelake chipsets all support Intel's new generation, 45nm multi-core processors.
Dual Channel DDR2 1333+ MHzDelivering native support for DDR2 memory up to 1333MHz, GIGABYTE Ultra Durable 3 series motherboards allow users to easily reach higher memory frequencies at lower voltages; achieving higher memory performance with lower power consumption to run even the most memory intensive applications such as high-definition video and 3D games with ease.
* DDR2 1333+ is supported with combination of AM3 processors and qualified memory modules, please refer "Memory Support List" for detail memory support information.
PCI-E 2.0 Graphics InterfacePCI-E 2.0 doubles the bus standard's bandwidth from 2.5 Gbit/s to 5 Gbit/s, meaning a x32 connector can transfer data at up to 16 GB/s in each direction. PCI-E 2.0 also features improvements to the point-to-point data transfer protocol and its software architecture.
Multi-display support with ATI CrossFireX™
ATI® CrossFireX™ delivers the ultimate graphics performance for gaming enthusiasts who demand the highest frame rates without compromising on resolution.
Dolby Home Theater® - Enjoy a Rich Home Theater Surround Sound ExperienceDolby Home Theater® places listeners in the middle of the action, giving their PCs a powerful set of tools to deliver a cinema-style experience in vivid surround sound.
- Delivers vivid surround sound for music, movies, and games, using two to eight speakers or any set of headphones
- Designed to automatically deliver the best possible listening experience
Hybrid Silent-PipeHybrid-Silent Pipe is all-copper thermal solution design which combines Air cooling with Liquid Cooling to enable effective heat removal from the North Bridge, South Bridge and CPU area.
Hybrid-Silent Pipe combines liquid cooling and air cooling to provide up to 30% cooler operation
Dynamic Energy Saver AdvancedGIGABYTE Dynamic Energy Saver Advanced provides better energy saving capabilities and enhanced system performance. GIGABYTE Dynamic Energy Saver Advanced is the world's only motherboard energy saving technology with hardware-based Dynamic 6-Gear* Switching. With support for VRD 11.1, GIGABYTE's DES Advanced allows the motherboard to switch to 1 Gear phase switching during idle, allowing for a dramatic increase in power savings.
GIGABYTE has also retooled Dynamic Energy Saver to allow overclockers to experience the benefits of multi-gear power phase switching while overclocking, providing ultra stable, ultra smooth overclocking performance.
* The 6-Gear feature may vary by model. Gear 1 phase switching requires 45nm processors with PSI signal enabled.
2 Power Phases for Both North Bridge and MemoryGIGABYTE P45 motherboards are equipped with 2-Phase power for the North Bridge and memory, allowing users to reach higher memory frequencies and enjoy better performance. Compared with only one phase solutions, this ensures longer power component lifespan and higher overclockability due to cooler working temperatures and better efficiency.
High Velocity 2X Bandwidth BoostThe dual Gigabit LAN with Teaming functionality enabled allows 2 single connections to act as 1 single connection for double bandwidth, improving overall throughput.
Prevents network downtime by transferring the workload from a failed port to a working port.
Receive Side Scaling balances the network traffic load evenly between 2 CPU cores in order to improve performance.
Adjusts power consumption automatically according to your LAN cable lengths, up to 10% power savings.
(Note) To enable Teaming or Bonding (IEEE 802.3ad Link Aggregation) feature, it is required the connected network switch or router device supports the IEEE 802.3ad LACP standard. Please refer to your network switch or router device manual for further details.
Hardware Overvoltage Control ICsHardware Overvoltage Control ICs which provide more voltage control options than before for the CPU North Bridge and memory. The overvoltage controllers also provide hardware linear real-time voltage control. In addition, Hardware Overvoltage Controller ICs also allow for much finer voltage control, allowing power users to adjust voltage in as little increments as 20mV for better overclocking performance.
EasyTune6GIGABYTE has completely redesigned EasyTune6 from the ground up to make it easier than ever to manage and monitor your hardware resources as well as tweak your system settings in order to achieve maximum system performance. Whether you are an overclocking enthusiast, or a computer novice, EasyTune6 provides the tools you need to quickly and effortlessly fine tune your system.
DualBIOS™ - Patented Dual Hardware BIOS ProtectionDualBIOS™ is a GIGABYTE patented technology that automatically recovers BIOS data when main BIOS has crashed or failed. Featuring 2 physical BIOS ROMs integrated onboard, GIGABYTE DualBIOS™ allows quick and seamless recovery from BIOS damage or failure due to viruses or improper BIOS updating.
Visible Overvoltage ReminderAn onboard Debug LED (Embedded post code LED display) simplifies motherboard signals and indicates system status.
OV-Alert LED4 sets of OV-Alert LEDs indicate the overvoltage level of the CPU, Memory, North Bridge and South Bridge to prevent component damage.
Visible Overclocking ReminderOC-Alert LED indicates the level of CPU overclock from low to high.
Visible Temperature ReminderTwo sets of Temperature Alert LEDs indicate the current temperature level of the CPU and North Bridge
Onboard Quick SwitchesOnboard Power, Clear CMOS and Reset buttons allow for quick and easy tweaking for power users working in an in chassis environment.
Ultra Durable 2 -Designed with Top Quality Highly Efficient Components
Ultra Cooling - Low RDS(on) MOSFET Design
Low RDS(on) MOSFETs specially designed to produce lower switching resistance for faster electric current charging and discharging.
Low Power Loss - Ferrite Core Choke Design
Ferrite core chokes comprised of a compound of iron oxide and other metal elements whose properties hold energy much longer than common iron core at high frequency.
Longer Life - All-Solid Capacitor Design
Solid capacitors contain a solid organic polymer, while electrolytic capacitors use a common liquid electrolyte, hence, the terms solid capacitor versus electrolytic capacitors.
50,000 Hours Japanese Solid CapacitorsGIGABYTE Ultra Durable motherboards are equipped with solid capacitors developed by leading Japanese manufacturers. With an average lifespan of 50,000 hours, these solid capacitors provide the stability, reliability and longevity essential to meet the power needs of high-end processors and other components running today's most demanding applications and games...more
* 50000 hours of work time is calculated at 85℃ ambient temperature.
* The terms HDMI, HDMI High-Definition Multimedia Interface, HDMI Trade dress and the HDMI Logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing Administrator, Inc.
* The entire materials provided herein are for reference only. GIGABYTE reserves the right to modify or revise the content at anytime without prior notice.
* Advertised performance is based on maximum theoretical interface values from respective Chipset vendors or organization who defined the interface specification. Actual performance may vary by system configuration.
* All trademarks and logos are the properties of their respective holders.
* Due to standard PC architecture, a certain amount of memory is reserved for system usage and therefore the actual memory size is less than the stated amount.