GA-P55M-UD4 (rev. 1.0)
Intel® P55 Chipset
- Unique On/Off Charge delivers the best recharging capability to iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch
- 3x USB power delivery for greater compatibility and extra power for USB devices
- Industry leading 12 phase power VRM design for optimum power efficiency and thermal solution
- Leading quality standard of Ultra Durable™ 3 technology with 2oz copper PCB design
- Innovative Smart 6 technology for Smarter PC management
- Support Intel® Core™ i7/ Core™ i5 processors with LGA 1156 socket
- New Dynamic Energy Saver™ 2 technology enables best energy efficiency
- Support both ATI CrossFireX and NVIDIA SLI for ultimate graphics performance
- XHD technology accelerating hard drive performance with ease
- AutoGreen technology Greening your PC via Bluetooth cellphone
- Integrated eSATA/USB combo connectors for enhanced storage flexibility
- Patented GIGABYTE DualBIOS™ technology delivering highest level failure protection
- Supports Dolby Home Theater audio to create a stunning surround sound listening experience
- The Precision OV provides more precision voltage control for system
- Compatible with Windows 7 to deliver the best operation experience
- Small size for LAN party use and space saving purpose
On/Off Charge TechnologyGIGABYTE On/Off Charge technology allows you to charge your iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch regardless of whether your PC is on, in standby mode or even off. A derivative of GIGABYTE's highly acclaimed 3x USB Power feature, On/Off Charge enables devices to draw more current from GIGABYTE motherboard USB ports than standard USB ports allow, so that charging from your PC can be as fast as with a charger...more
*Due to certain mobile phone limitations, users may need to connect the mobile phone to their PC before the PC enters S4/S5 mode to enable a quick charge from non On/Off Charge USB ports. Charging results may vary by model.
*Whether to support 3X USB power design, it may vary by models.
Ultra Durable 3
GIGABYTE Ultra Durable 3 design, featuring 2 ounces of copper for both the Power and Ground layers which dramatically lowers system temperature by delivering a more efficient spreading of heat from critical areas of the motherboard such as the CPU power zone throughout the entire PCB. GIGABYTE's Ultra Durable 3 also lowers the PCB impedance by 50%, which helps to reduce electrical waste and further lowers component temperatures. A 2oz Copper layer design also provides improved signal quality and lower EMI (Electromagnetic Interference), providing better system stability and allowing for greater margins for overclocking...more
Benefits of 2 oz Copper PCB
• Cooler than traditional motherboards
• Enhanced durability
• Improved energy efficiency
• Greater margins for overclocking... more
Smart 6- A Smarter way for PC system ManagementGIGABYTE Smart 6™ is designed with user-friendliness in mind, and offers a combination of 6 innovative software utilities that provide easier and smarter PC system management. Smart 6™ allows you to speed up system performance, reduce boot-up time, manage a secure platform and recover previous system settings easily with a click of the mouse button.
No more waiting for PC Boot up
Smart personal reminder
Your PC's Watch Dog
Reverse time for you
Time Controller for PC
Windows® 7 WHQL CertifiedThe motherboard has obtained WHQL (Windows Hardware Quality Labs) certification for Windows 7 from Microsoft®, setting the standard for future Windows 7 certified motherboards...more
Dynamic Energy Saver™ 2GIGABYTE Dynamic Energy Saver™ 2 incorporates a host of intelligent features that, at the click of a button, utilize a proprietary hardware and software design to considerably enhance PC system energy efficiency, reduce power consumption and deliver optimized auto-phase-switching for the CPU, Memory, Chipset, VGA, HDD, and fans.
Cloud OCGIGABYTE Cloud OC is a free overclocking application that facilitates PC overclocking through any web browsing capable device such as a smart phone, iPad, iPhone, Netbooks or notebook PC. Being browser based, it connects via wireless Internet, Bluetooth or through an Ethernet cable, and its many functions are categorized into three tabs: Tuner, System Info and Control...more
Hotkey OCGIGABYTE Hotkey OC allows users to create and save various profiles that can be adopted for different benchmarks. Hotkey OC then allows users to jump between these profiles on the fly so that the best profile for each segment within the benchmark can be used to optimize scores and boost overall performance. For example, when running 3DMark 06, the 1st profile might be optimized for graphics, and can be used for the first two graphics tests, then, the next two tests can utilize the 2nd profile which might be optimized for CPU tests, and one could jump back to the 1st profile again for the final two graphics (shader) tests...more
Intel® Core i7/ Core i5 LGA 1156 Processors
The Intel brand new computing architecture based on the innovation of micro-architecture transforms 3-chip solutions to a 2-chip platform. The next generation Intel® Core™ i7/ Core™ i5 processors with LGA1156 package integrate graphics and memory controller to support dual channel DDR3 memory. Supporting Intel Turbo Boost technology and Hyper-Threading Technology, Intel® Core™ i7/ Core™ i5 processors provide the overwhelming performance with optimized power efficiency.
DDR3 2200+ SupportSupport Intel Core™ i7/ Core™ i5 processors delivering native support for DDR3 memory up to 2200+MHz by the enhanced design of GIGABYTE, Intel Core™ i7/ Core™ i5 processors feature the memory controller integrated directly into the processor die, rather than as part of the Northbridge as in previous generations, allowing for faster memory performance.
* Please refer "Memory Support List" for memory support information
eSATA/USB comboeSATA/USB combo ports provides significant convenience by supporting eSATA and USB devices in one port, and may not require additional power source when connecting devices through the applicable cable.
*Whether additional power needed depends on eSATA/USB devices spec defined.
XHD (eXtreme HardDrive)-Accelerating hard drive performance with easeAccelerating system performance is made easy with the user friendly GIGABYTE eXtreme Hard Drive (X.H.D). GIGABYTE eXtreme Hard Drive (X.H.D) provides a quick and easy way to boost your hard drive performance simply by adding another hard drive.
AutoGreen- Greening your PC via Bluetooth cellphoneAutoGreen technology can automatically save power by simply putting your PC in a state of sleep when your Bluetooth® cell phone is out of range of your computer.
Note: GIGABYTE motherboards do not include a Bluetooth® receiver; the addition of a 3rd party Bluetooth receiver is required.
Multi-display support with ATI CrossFireX and NVIDIA SLI™P55A-UD4 supporting both ATI CrossFireX and NVIDIA SLI™ delivers the ultimate in graphics performance for gaming enthusiasts who demand the highest frame rates without compromising on resolution.
Thermal DesignInspired by the performance and sleek lines of today's modern racing vehicles, GIGABYTE's stylish thermal solution is designed for extreme performance and ultra coolness
Dolby Home Theater SupportDelivers vivid surround sound for music, movies, and games, using two to eight speakers or any set of headphones.
Norton™ Internet SecurityFast, comprehensive, and up-to-the-minute protection against online threats. It safeguards your computer, identity, and home network without slowing you down. It sets a new standard for speed and makes online shopping, banking, and browsing safer and more convenient than ever.
* The terms HDMI, HDMI High-Definition Multimedia Interface, HDMI Trade dress and the HDMI Logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing Administrator, Inc.
* The entire materials provided herein are for reference only. GIGABYTE reserves the right to modify or revise the content at anytime without prior notice.
* Advertised performance is based on maximum theoretical interface values from respective Chipset vendors or organization who defined the interface specification. Actual performance may vary by system configuration.
* All trademarks and logos are the properties of their respective holders.
* Due to standard PC architecture, a certain amount of memory is reserved for system usage and therefore the actual memory size is less than the stated amount.