GA-890XA-UD3 (rev. 2.0)
AMD 790X + SB850 Chipset
- Supports new generation of AMD Phenom™ II X6 processors
- AMD SB850 provides 6 native SATA3 storage interfaces with superfast 6Gbps link speed and RAID 0, 1, 5, 10 support
- Supports newest NEC SuperSpeed USB 3.0 with superfast transfer rates of up to 5 Gbps
- 3X USB power delivery for greater compatibility and extra power for USB devices
- Exclusive Auto Unlock technology provides hardware-based solution for unleash CPU performance
- Ultra Durable 3 Technology with copper cooled quality for lower working temperature
- Revolution energy saving design with Easy Energy Saver technology
- Supports AMD AM3 Phenom™ II/ Athlon™ II processors
- Advanced 8+2 phase CPU VRM power design for AMD high-TDP 140W CPU support
- Dual Channel DDR3 1866+ for remarkable system performance
- 2 PCI-E 2.0 x16 interface with ATI CrossFireX support for ultimate graphics performance
- Supports Dolby Home Theater audio to enjoy a rich surround sound experience
- The Precision OV provides more precision voltage control for system
- Compatible with Window 7 to deliver the best operation experience
- Meet European Union ErP(Energy-related-Products) requirement
Get Ready to Unleash the Power of AMD 6-Core CPUGIGABYTE's AMD motherboards are ready to support the new generation of AMD Phenom™II X 6 processors, delivering the very best platform for multitasking, multimedia and high performance gaming.
On/Off Charge TechnologyGIGABYTE On/Off Charge technology allows you to charge your iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch regardless of whether your PC is on, in standby mode or even off. A derivative of GIGABYTE's highly acclaimed 3x USB Power feature, On/Off Charge enables devices to draw more current from GIGABYTE motherboard USB ports than standard USB ports allow, so that charging from your PC can be as fast as with a charger...more
*Due to certain mobile phone limitations, users may need to connect the mobile phone to their PC before the PC enters S4/S5 mode to enable a quick charge from non On/Off Charge USB ports. Charging results may vary by model.
*Whether to support 3X USB power design, it may vary by models.
The GA-890XA-UD3 based on AMD 790X chipset, it supports new generation of 45nm AMD AM3 Phenom II/ AthlonII processors, integrated DDR3 memory controller, HyperTransport™ 3.0 technology links and 2 PCI Express 2.0 graphics interfaces with ATI CrossFireX support. With the latest innovative GIGABYTE USB 3.0/ 3X USB power/SATA3 6Gbps & Easy Energy Saver technology, the GA-890XA-UD3 is able to provide amazingly fast data transfer via USB3.0 connectors, also to reach the maximum system performance easily while still able to save the power and environment in real life at the same time.
Supports next generation of 45nm AMD AM3 CPUThis motherboard designs with Split Power Plane, 8+2 phase VRM to support AMD the latest 45nm AM3 Phenom™II/ Athlon™II processors, delivering the great performance enchantment to system and ultimate scalability hardware expending.
Auto Unlock SupportExperience a phenomenal performance upgrade with GIGABYTE’s innovative Auto Unlock technology that unleashes your system’s hidden performance. Featuring a unique design that enables the processor’s hidden cores by BIOS, GIGABYTE Auto Unlock technology effectively provides a CPU upgrade while running multi-threaded applications or multi-tasking.
* The ability of unlocking the hidden CPU cores might vary by different processors.
USB 3.0 SupportThe GIGABYTE motherboards support the latest generation SuperSpeed USB 3.0 technology made possible through an onboard USB3.0 host controller. With superfast transfer rates of up to 5 Gbps, users are able to experience an almost a 10x improvement over USB 2.0. Additionally, backwards compatibility with USB 2.0 assures users of long term use of their legacy USB 2.0 devices. The onboard SuperSpeed USB 3.0 technology also provides new power management features that include increased maximum bus power and device current draw to better accommodate power-hungry devices.
* USB 3.0 10x performance is a maximum theoretical value. Actual performance may vary by system configuration.
3x USB Power BoostGIGABYTE motherboards feature a 3x USB power boost, delivering greater compatibility and extra power for USB devices. GIGABYTE’s unique USB power design is also able to efficiently regulate output over the full voltage range, which greatly enhances USB device compatibility. In addition, dedicated lower resistance fuses ensure lower voltage drops, and provide more stable and plentiful power delivery.
SATA 6 Gbps SupportYet another onboard feature of GIGABYTE AMD 800A series motherboards are integrated the latest AMD SB850 chip for high-speed SATA Revision 3.0 compatibility, delivering 6 ports native superfast 6Gbps link speeds for twice the data transfer rates of SATA Revision 2.0 (3 Gbps) and RAID 0, 1, 5, 10 support. When used in RAID 0 (Stripe) mode, GIGABYTE AMD 800A series motherboards offer even faster data transfer rates of up to 4x the speed of current SATA interfaces.
Ultra Durable 3GIGABYTE Ultra Durable 3 design, featuring 2 ounces of copper for both the Power and Ground layers which dramatically lowers system temperature by delivering a more efficient spreading of heat from critical areas of the motherboard such as the CPU power zone throughout the entire PCB. GIGABYTE's Ultra Durable 3 also lowers the PCB impedance by 50%, which helps to reduce electrical waste and further lowers component temperatures. A 2oz Copper layer design also provides improved signal quality and lower EMI (Electromagnetic Interference), providing better system stability and allowing for greater margins for overclocking...more.
AMD OverDrive SupportThe AMD OverDrive™ utility is provided by AMD, offering high-end users the ability to maximize the capability, flexibility, and adjustability of the platforms utilizing AMD processors, sockets, and chipsets.
* For download site of AMD OverDrive™, please visit AMD official website for details: http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_overdrive.aspx
** The support condition of this utility may vary by models(chipsets).
ATI CrossFireX™ supportWith support for latest ATI CrossFireX™ technology, GIGABYTE pushes the envelope once again by delivering highly optimized performance and flexibility demanded for power users and extreme gaming enthusiasts. Designed to provide unmatched multi-GPU support with dual PCI-E connectivity, the GA-890GPA-UD3H allows users to take advantage of the ultra smooth 3D rendering, blazing-fast frame rates and enhanced visual quality possible.
Dual Channel DDR3 1866+ MHzDelivering native support for DDR3 memory up to 1866+ MHz, GIGABYTE Ultra Durable 3 motherboards allow users to easily reach higher memory frequencies at lower voltages; achieving higher memory performance with lower power consumption to run even the most memory intensive applications such as high-definition video and 3D games with ease.
EasyTune6GIGABYTE has completely redesigned EasyTune6 from the ground up to make it easier than ever to manage and monitor your hardware resources as well as tweak your system settings in order to achieve maximum system performance. Whether you are an overclocking enthusiast, or a computer novice, EasyTune6 provides the tools you need to quickly and effortlessly fine tune your system.
Dolby Home Theater SupportDelivers vivid surround sound for music, movies, and games, using two to eight speakers or any set of headphones.
GIGABYTE innovative technology- Easy Energy SaverGIGABYTE innovative technology- Easy Energy Saver Featuring an advanced proprietary software design, GIGABYTE Easy Energy Saver is able to dynamically adjust CPU power depending on workload, delivering just the right amount of power needed for the task. Coupled with AMD’s highly efficient processors, the Easy Energy Saver is able to provide exceptional levels of power savings and enhanced power efficiency without sacrificing computing performance.
Norton™ Internet SecurityFast, comprehensive, and up-to-the-minute protection against online threats. It safeguards your computer, identity, and home network without slowing you down. It sets a new standard for speed and makes online shopping, banking, and browsing safer and more convenient than ever.
Qualified for Windows® 7The motherboard qualified for WHQL (Windows Hardware Quality Labs) certification of Windows 7 from Microsoft®, setting the standard for future Windows 7 certified motherboards...more
ErP Lot 6 supportThe ErP (also known as Energy-Related Products Directive) is part of the European Union's environmental regulations policy. It is based on concern for the environmental as the proliferation of electronic devices continues, and how to improve energy efficiency for a better and greener life. GIGABYTE supports ErP and produces motherboards that help you effectively improve system efficiency.
* The terms HDMI, HDMI High-Definition Multimedia Interface, HDMI Trade dress and the HDMI Logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing Administrator, Inc.
* The entire materials provided herein are for reference only. GIGABYTE reserves the right to modify or revise the content at anytime without prior notice.
* Advertised performance is based on maximum theoretical interface values from respective Chipset vendors or organization who defined the interface specification. Actual performance may vary by system configuration.
* All trademarks and logos are the properties of their respective holders.
* Due to standard PC architecture, a certain amount of memory is reserved for system usage and therefore the actual memory size is less than the stated amount.
Buy From One of the Regions Below
Africa, Middle East